How do I maintain a solar system?
The aim for any consumer is always to get the highest return on investment and get the maximum out of your solar system. Therefore, the maintenance of the panels is crucial to ensure the proper and efficient operation of your solar system. Solar panels are low maintenance as they have no moving parts; however consistent maintenance is the key to ensure your panels are performing at their maximum capacity.
Longevity of the system can be enhanced in the following ways:
- Make sure you purchase quality solar equipment, supplied by a reputable company with a proven track record and are equipped to service product warranties
- Consider a service level agreement and maintenance plan with Green Wave Energy
- Consider a Solar system monitoring device that measures the performance levels of the system, ensuring the system is operating as designed
- Cleaning of solar panels removes any dust build-up or bird droppings which affects Solar performance
- Inspecting the solar panels for cracks, bird droppings or dark spots etc. is vital to ensure premium performance of the system. This is usually done using an infrared camera to pick up “Hot spots”, this service is part of Green Wave’s SLAs and maintenance plan
- Inspect cables and cable joints to ensure they are in good condition and ensure inverters are free from dust
How do I clean my solar panels?
There are a number of ways to clean solar panels:
- The simplest is to use a garden hose to wash off the dust
- A more effective method is using a gentle cleaning implement (sponge or cloth) during the cool part of the day. Dirt must never be scraped away or rubbed when dry. If a detergent is used, ensure its a PH neutral product.
- If the panels are difficult to reach and it may endanger you to get to them, Green Wave Energy can do the job for you. We offer maintenance contracts that will keep your system producing at maximum efficiency.